OK, here is a video of the hatching process of my new babies…More pictures will be forthcoming!
I have cleaned and disinfected the Genesis 1588 incubator (Boy, what a mess!), and since I did it slightly different than most other people, I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else wanted to try it. As you can see in the video, I cut circles of the blue shop towels and put them under my homemade “corrals” at lock-down time. The corrals were intended to contain the chicks in their respective groups, since the eggs came from four different sets of parents. The towels were to absorb some of “the mess” that occurs during the hatching process. Now, I've never witnessed this event before, but I had done my research (very big grin here). Next time, however, I think I'll cover the entire wire floor, since the babies moved around an awful lot inside those corrals, spreading bits & pieces of “gunky” shells down below into the water trough, right past my neat little circles! After the last chick had dried and fluffed out, I dismantled the entire incubator and washed everything with Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (I like to keep everything as chemical-free as possible here). I then sprayed undiluted white vinegar on everything, and then sprayed undiluted hydrogen peroxide onto everything. This site explains more about this combination and it's disinfecting qualities, rather than using bleach. After that, I put everything outside in the sun to dry. All set for the next hatching!